Ms Moelagi Jackson is a well known NGO and Tourism figure. She grew up in the big island of Savaii where she was also educated during primary education and further continued her educational experiences in Upolu, making her way up to further education in New Zealand and Australia. She is a teacher in profession, and also the first hotelier who first established or owned a hotel in Savaii which is the Safua Hotel. She is recognized in her community as a successful role model and also of her involvement in national developments in Samoa in the tourism sector. Ms Jackson is a widow of 6 siblings with grandchildren. She also holds seven chiefly titles namely Vaasiliifiti, Tevaga, Taumasaosili, Tauo, Leilua Galuvao, and Mausautele. Some of the developments she helped to nurture for the community are as follows;
- Ecotourism and Student Study Program
- Tours- spots of interest
- Handicraft Demonstration
- Village Accommodation & Beach Fales
- Sponsor Sports
- Small crops for villages
- Helped to create the Parents & Teachers Association (PTA) for Logoipulotu Primary School for 15 years
- Served at Catholic Education as a Board Member for 14 years
- Create Safua Hotel Scholarship Scheme
Environment & Health
- Red Cross Member since 1949
- President for the Faasao i Savaii Society environmental projects.
- Been working with Eco- Tourism & Environment from 1978.